The Error Code 20 in HP Printer generally occurs due to the incorrect configuration in your system. It appears when you are trying to print any document from your HP Printer as “Printer not activated- Error code 20”
Causes of HP Printer Error Code 20:
There may be several reasons behind this error including:
- The printer on which you are working is not set as default printer
- Missing printer driver
- Issues in the device manager
- Issue of registry error
In order to fix this error, you need to make sure that the set up of your HP Printer is correct, and no damaged or corrupt settings are there on your PC which might be the reason behind your printer not working properly. You can resolve this error by performing some methods recommended by HP Printer Technical Team:
Method 1: Check whether the printer you are working on is set as the default printer
In case you buy one more printer, you should set it as a default printer in order to prevent the occurrence of this error in future.
- Click on “Start” and then on “Printer and Faxes”
- In the “Printers” folder, look for your desired printer icon
- If you find the icon, see that it has a check mark next to it. If it is there, then it can be set as your default printer.
- If the check mark is not there, make a right click on the printer and then select “Set as default printer” option.
- Once you are finished, make a right click on the printer and then choose “Print Test Page” to print the “Windows self-test page”
- If the page has been printed successfully then exit the folder of the printer and try printing a page of a word document.
- If this fails, proceed further with next steps.
Method 2: By reinstalling the USB Composite device
- Make a right click on “My Computer” and then choose “Properties”
- Select the “Hardware” Tab and then click on “Device Manager”
- In “Device Manager Window”, make double click on “Universal Serial Bus Controller”
- Then, make a right click on “USB Composite Device”. Choose “uninstall” and then click “OK”.
- Disconnect your USB Cable and then reconnect it to the Computer.
- In order to install the drivers, follow the instructions that come on screen in “Found New Hardware Wizard”
- Now, click start and then choose “Printer and Faxes” in order to open the Printer folder.
- Look for the icon of your HP Printer and then choose “Print Test Page” to print a self-test page
- If the self-test page is printed successfully then close all the windows and try to take a print out of a document
Method 3: By uninstall and reinstall of the HP Software
Try to uninstall and then reinstall the HP Software in your HP Printer. In order to perform this, you should look for built-in Add or Remove Program Utility.
Method 4: By cleaning out the registry
One of the main reasons behind Error 20 in HP Printers is corrupt or damaged parts of “Registry” which prevents the computer to use the printer. To fix this Error, you must clean out the Registry by using the program ‘Registry Cleaner’
The above-mentioned methods will surely guide you in resolving the Error Code 20 in HP Printer by expert technican. If the problem still persists or you find any difficulty in performing these steps then you will be required right technical support.
Reach us for the right support via HP Printer Technical Support Number @1 (800) 576-9647
Users can easily get in touch with the experts available in the technical team for every issue related to HP Printers just by calling us on HP Printer Technical Support Number +1 (800) 576-9647 available 24*7. Avail the best quality services every time you dial our HP Toll-Free Helpline Number as our primary aim is to provide optimum satisfaction to the users.
Read More … HP Wireless Printer Setup & Eprint Setup